Friday, August 24, 2012

Spodee. Wine With a Kick!

I recently got to try a new beverage, produced by White Mule Farms.


It's called Spodee and is, indeed, "wine with a kick".

I'm more of a beer guy, but I will drink wine from time to time with my oenophile wife.

Spodee is based on the legend of "a Depression era hooch that mixed up homemade country wines with garden herbs, spices and moonshine."

I enjoyed the bottle I had, which was a hearty 36 proof mule kick that was a sweet treat indeed. The bottle described it as "grape wine with natural chocolate flavor," and it certainly came across strong. My wife took a sip and crinkled her nose, expressing her distaste. Bad for her, good for me! I didn't have to share any of my Spodee!

I like it because it is different, and I love the old-timey milk bottle Spodee comes in.

Spodee is only on sale in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, but it can be acquired through mail order to open states (here).

We don't endorse a lot of hooch here on the pages of Tattoosday, but Spodee is definitely worth a try! 

Check out more about Spodee below.

1 comment:

JBHoren said...

"Drinkin' wine, spo-dee-odee, drinkin' wine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTHfFoqBQAA