Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Nicole's Airplane Soars Across Her Back

I met Nicole at the 4th annual New York City Poetry Festival on Governor's Island last month. This bold tattoo on her upper back caught my attention:


Nicole explained how she came about this work:
"I'd always wanted this ... and I decided to get it kind of on a whim, which is why I don't remember the artist ... and when I went to the [tattoo shop] I said I wanted a 1945 plane the guy was like 'obviously you need to be a little more specific or bring me a drawing' and then his partner walked in and had just happened to pick up a book on aviation and I like found this plane in it." 
Thanks to Nicole for sharing her aviation tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!


This entry is ©2014 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: