Monday, September 26, 2016

Drew's New Tattoo, by Amanda Wachob

I met Drew a couple of weeks ago in lower Manhattan near Bowling Green. The tattoo on her arm was still just a week or two old and I'll admit, I asked her first if it even was a tattoo, because it was so exceptionally well-done, it almost looked like it was freshly-painted on. Check it out:


When Drew confirmed it was, in fact, a tattoo, and then told me the artist was the amazing Amanda Wachob (@amandawachob), I knew how special this tattoo was. Wachob is a brilliant artist with amazing vision, and, quite honestly, finding one of her tattoos in the street is like discovering a rare bird in the wilderness.

There's a great New York Times article about her work here. And, visiting here website at www.amandawachob.com will amaze you, if you have previously been unfamiliar with her work.

Like most of Wachob's clients, Drew gave the artist free reign to do what she does best, which is create phenomenal works of art on flesh. Actually, she works in other media, as well, so saying she is best at tattoo art is selling her short.

And the inspiration for this piece? It's "slime planet and vapor-wave inspired," Drew told me. I could have stared at it all day. I have been blessed to stumble across her work in the streets a few times before, click here to see Wachob's work that has appeared previously on Tattoosday.

Thanks to Drew for sharing her new tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!


This entry is ©2016 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: