Friday, April 18, 2014

The Tattooed Poet's Project: Alice Ladrick

Our next tattooed poet is Alice Ladrick:


Alice tells us:
"I got this little guy done at No Ka Oi in Philly. It was something I'd be thinking about for awhile but the actual plan was hatched just a little before I went out there. I got the crow (his name is Corbin) because crows had kinda been following me around for awhile and became a symbol of comfort for me, plus I like the multiplicity of meanings crows carry in various mythologies."
Alice also sent along a poem from a series called "ISOTOPE":

from ISOTOPE

Everybody’s moving in with their boyfriend and I
decided to get a tattoo: “ME”
all caps on my ring finger,

call my artist my jeweler
when I go in for touchups. Get it
sized up (cuz I’ll gain weight). I’m watching

my figure. The way I figure it

I’ll be that sprinter-poet. Shit.
Spinster poet. Write it all at once
like once is a place you’ve been and can

go back to it.
My boyfriend dumped me on
my birthday. I’m not bitter

but I am a liar.

Never going back there
(lie) where boys are
appealing. Fights with myself

always end in sex. 

~ ~ ~

Alice Ladrick writes poems about lots of things. She also likes making books and isn't here to make friends (only she could probably use some). Alice tried having a website one time but never updated it so...

Thanks to Alice for sharing her poem and tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2014 Tattoosday. The poem and tattoo are reprinted with the poet's permission.

If you are reading this on another web site other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: