Friday, March 20, 2015

Tattoosday Walks Into a Bar: Flowers in Phoenix

On a recent trip to Southern California, my connecting flight in Arizona had mechanical difficulties and I got bumped to another plane, two hours later.

As luck would have it, there is a fabulous bar in the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport – Four Peaks Brewing Company



So while I whiled away my time, chatting with the bartender and other patrons, I caught up on email, gobbled up some delicious quesadillas and enjoyed Four Peaks’ Oatmeal Stout and their ¡Odelay!
The Stout was cold, dark and delicious, and the Odelay was one of the best beers I’ve had. It had the full body of a dark beer, with the delicious chocolaty taste, punctuated with a kick of spiciness. I knew it was what I’d be ordering when I stopped back on my return.

I also chatted with one of the servers, named Katie, who was kind enough to share this floral half-sleeve:


The arrangement includes orchids, lilies, cherry blossoms and daisies. “I love orchids and lilies,” she told me, adding “I have a fresh orchid in my apartment at all times.”


When I spotted the text on her inner arm, she allowed me take a photo of that, as well:


It reads “We accept the love we think we deserve,” which is a quote from  Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower one of Katie’s favorite books.

She credited her work to Miguel at Body Canvas Tattoo in Phoenix.

I enjoyed my brief respite at Four Peaks and looked forward to stopping back in on my way back to New York. Alas, my return brought me in at the height of the lunch hour. The place was mobbed and I only had a brief layover.


Thanks to Katie and the staff at Four Peaks Brewing Company! Katie, for sharing her awesome tattoos, and Four Peaks, for making a delay in my travels significantly more delicious!

This entry is ©2015 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: