Monday, April 27, 2015

The Tattooed Poets Project: Amanda Crum

Our next tattooed poet is Amanda Crum:


Amanda explains:
"As a horror lover, I was looking for a tattoo that appealed to that side of my nature. Zombies, monsters, slashers, I love them all. But I also wanted to incorporate a part of myself--the artist and writer--so after I drew up a pinup girl, I asked my friend Leon Cress at Lion's Den Tattoo in Nicholasville, Kentucky to zombie-fy her and add some details to give her some personality. He added a paintbrush and pencil to make her even more unique to me, and I love her."
Here is a poem from Amanda:

P.W.T.

People have called me 
TRASH
because I’m tattooed
and grew up in a trailer park

Because I bear marks and
I bare them
The sin of skin
and of pride

But I’ve always been of the opinion
that TRASH
is a matter of behavior
and not style or geography
~ ~ ~
Amanda Crum is an artist and writer from Kentucky whose work can be seen online and in print publications such as Cracked Eye Magazine, SQ Magazine, and Dark Eclipse, among others. She loves horror, movies of all kinds, and the smell of old books.

Thanks to Amanda for sharing her cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2015 Tattoosday. The poem and tattoo are reprinted with the poet's permission.

If you are reading this on another web site other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: