Friday, April 17, 2015

The Tattooed Poets Project: Annette C. Boehm

Our next tattooed poet is Annette C. Boehm.

She credits both tattoos in this photo to Brian at Hattiesburg Tattoo (Hattiesburg, MS).


Annette explains:
"The Ex Libris tattoo is a 100 year-old book plate design I fell in love with. I like apples a lot: My chapbook The Five Parts of Love has apples on the cover, and my favorite poem (Dylan Thomas' 'Fern Hill') has a line about being the 'prince of the apple towns.' Since I'm also a book-nerd, this seemed like a great choice for a first tattoo.

I'm also into comics: The She-Hulk was a gift to myself for passing my exams (I'm just finishing up my PhD)."
Annette also sent us the following poem, which can be found in The Five Parts of Love:

lithium, lead

tin, magnesium, mercury,
uranium,
save gold, silver, -
all metals will burn

your voice
the 9 volt block
smoothing down steel
wool into flame

with what eyes
you have me see

~~~

Annette C. Boehm is a doctoral candidate at the University of Southern Mississippi. She serves as a poetry reader for Memorious -- A Journal of New Verse and Fiction. Originally from Germany, she's a poet and also a Whovian. She keeps a book blog here: http://outsideofacat.wordpress.com.

Thanks to Annette for her contribution to the Tattooed Poets Project on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2015 Tattoosday. The poem and tattoo are reprinted with the poet's permission.

If you are reading this on another web site other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: