Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Elusive Union Square Lobster by Jason June

Last Friday, I met a woman at the Union Square farmer's market who was in a hurry. I stopped her because she had an amazingly vibrant tattoo that I just had to ask about. She told me her name and I thought I wrote it down, but I can't find it anywhere. I never got the story, but I did get the photo. Behold:


I remembered the artist's name, however. This forearm lobster is by Jason June (@JasonJuneTattoos). I first met Jason years ago when he tattooed my wife, Melanie, at a Friday the 13th event. He is now working at Kings Avenue Tattoo (@KingsAveTattoo) on the Bowery.

The photo really doesn't do the piece justice - I normally avoid tattoos that wrap around limbs like this, but I was so impressed I just couldn't help myself. Here's a collage of the tattoo that I found on Jason's instagram before the piece was fully completed:
Via @JasnonJuneTattoos on Instagram
Thanks to the host of this lobster (sorry I lost your name) for sharing this incredible tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

UPDATE: This tattoo is gracing the arm of Jenn. Apologies for forgetting and thanks to Jason June for filling in the gap in my brain!

This entry is ©2017 Tattoosday.


If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: