Monday, June 6, 2011

Musician Monday: Sly's Mary Keeps on Burning

Last week, while passing through Penn Station, I ran into Sly, one of the vocalists from an up-and-coming band called Sloburn.

Sly shared this, one of her seven tattoos:


Sly explained:
"I'm more of a spiritual person. The tattoo is Mary. I'm Catholic, for one thing, but I like wearing rosaries and this is something I don't have to worry about if I forget my rosary. She's always on me. That's one of the reasons I got that, and in commemoration of my mother, who raised me that way too."

Sly credited the tattoo to Richie Richardson at Jason's Mad Tattery in Danville, Virginia.

She was in New York with Sloburn to do The Real Radio Show. Sly joked, it's Sloburn, with NO "w". "Remember," she said, "we took the 'w' out to whup your ass with."

Sloburn is a Danville, Virginia band that has been together for about four years. Sly told me that Twisted Sister's management contacted them based on a YouTube video, brought them to New York, and they are hoping to explode on the scene with their brand of, what their Facebook page calls, "redneck metal."

Here's a little Sloburn to get your blood flowing on this Musician Monday:






Thanks to Sly for sharing her cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!



This entry is ©2011 Tattoosday.

If you are reading this on another web site other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: