Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Angela, a Peacock and Sisterly Feathers

Today is my sister Alicia's birthday and, although she doesn't have any tattoos, she loves peacocks, and this story involves a sister, so it seemed an appropriate post for the occasion.

Back in May, I was in Herndon, Virginia, for a work training and I was hanging out with one of my colleagues, Angela, who has lots of ink, including this lovely peacock and pair of butterflies on her back:


Angela credited Daniel Baker (@danielbakertattoos) from Tattoorolo in Corning, New York, with this lovely work.

She also has the lovely feather on her leg:


Angela explained first about the feather, which she got inked up n Rochester:
"My sister and I were getting matching tattoos and ... we went with a feather idea and she didn't care what feather and I said well I'd really like just a peacock feather.  Since I got the peacock tattoo on my back ... people are inundating me with peacock stuff, family and friends ... I like it. So I was like I just want an individual feather. She wasn't 100% wanting an individual feather and she loves octopus, so she got an octopus tentacle on her leg in the same spot, but in the middle of the octopus tentacle, she got a design that looks like the eye of the peacock feather ... so that was out 'matching' sister tattoos, if you will, with our own individuality in the tattoos."
Angela sent me a photo of the companion tattoos below:


Thanks to Angela for sharing her cool tattoos with us here on Tattoosday, and for letting me share them on my sister's birthday too!


This entry is ©2018 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: