Thursday, September 13, 2018

An Octopus On The Platform (Alphabet Game Interlude)

For the past week on Tattoosday, we've been playing the Alphabet Game (see the recap here), as we travel the subways seeking out tattoos, going in alphabetical order. We have previously seen work on the A, B, C, D, E and F trains, so next up was the G train.

10:28 AM: I take the F to Carroll Street in Brooklyn where I plan to switch for the G.

It's my first real break of the day, since the G is a pretty isolated line in Brooklyn. I've managed to avoid any intermediary lines between trains, but once I do the G, I have to take it back to the F and then take the F to the J. There's a way to get off/exit and walk to the J, but that takes too far out of the way to my liking.

10:36 AM: On a G, missed a shot at a Family Guy sleeve, considering switching back to a Queens-bound G.

Switched at 4th Avenue/9th Street and, while waiting for another G, met Dan on the platform, who had a tattoo too good to pass up:


This amazing black and gray octopus on the back of Dan's leg was inked by Scott Move (@scottmove) at Parliament Tattoo (@parliamenttattoo) in London.

So, while technically not part of the Alphabet Game, per se, this amazing piece was spotted during the activity, so we're including it as part of the overall process. I mean, I couldn't pass this up now, could I?

At 10:42 AM, I boarded a Queens-bound G, and resumed my quest.

Thanks to Dan for sharing his awesome tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!


This entry is ©2018 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: