Saturday, September 22, 2018

Solo's Tattoo on the First Day of Autumn

A little less than a month ago, I met Solo, in lower Manhattan, near Zuccotti Park. I was struck by the tattoo on her back and was happy when she agreed to let me share it here:


This cool tattoo depicts a tree, half flush with leaves, the other half bare branches, with a pile of fallen leaves at the base of its trunk.

It seemed an appropriate tattoo to share on the first day of autumn.

Solo got the tattoo from a small shop in Fujian Province, in China, after she graduated from college.

She elaborated a little about what was going through her mind when she got it done:
"It’s like seasons, changes in life, ups and downs in life. So when I got it, I was sort of going through a little bit of a crisis in my life … for me personally it was like a whirlwind experience ... so I needed to give myself time and the mindset to accept the changes and not just to take things for granted ... things are going to move the way I want them to move forward."
Thanks to Solo for sharing this tattoo with us as we celebrate the autumnal equinox!

This entry is ©2018 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: