Monday, January 8, 2018

Ashley's Incredible Eye Tattoo

This past fall, I met Ashley near Wall Street in lower Manhattan. Not everyone I meet lets me photograph their work on the spot. Some folks, like Ashley, send me pictures after they've checked out the site.

This is the amazing tattoo Ashley shared with me:


She wanted to share this piece because she thinks the artist "deserves a tremendous amount of credit."

Indeed he does!

This is the handiwork of Christian Lucca (@christian_lucca), who inked this at Starlight Tattoo (@starlighttattoo17) in Rochelle Park, New Jersey. He's now at Silk City Tattoo (@silkcitytattoo) in Hawthorne, New Jersey.


Ashley tells us her tattoo
"... is an eye with a customized clock in the center.

I have always loved Christian’s work as an artist and he’s great at customizing a grungy feel. I wanted an eye to be the start of my sleeve because I wanted something in the center to really pop. Eyes are the window to the soul which I’ve always believed to be true. I wanted the arms on the clock to be off the roman numerals because as they say, time isn’t real. It’s supposed to have more of a reflection affect."
Thanks to Ashley for sharing her amazing tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2018 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: