Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mike Illustrates His Passion for DC Comics

Last month, I had it all laid out, and was doing a weekend of comic-themed posts coinciding with the opening of Comic-Con 2011 in San Diego.

Alas, one such post went awry when the pictures I took of Mike's tattoos went AWOL on my computer, leaving me with a photo-less entry.

Mike has since sent me pictures, which I have included below.

On his right arm, he has this piece, which is an interpretation of Captain Marvel:


Mike explained that he collaborated with Ralph Velez at Venus Modern Body Arts in the East Village on this design. He told me, "I came up with a drawing and then he fixed [it] up so it would work on my arm ... this yellow is a mix he does himself...". He also credited Jhonson Eteng as the graphic artist for this tattoo.

When Mike sent me the replacement photos, he sent along some extras, like this Superman piece from his leg:


and this Green Lantern/Blue Lantern combo on his arm:


As Mike puts it, he's "a big DC Comics fan".

Thanks to Mike for sharing his love of comics through ink with us here on Tattoosday!


This entry is ©2011 Tattoosday.

If you are reading this on another web site other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.


No comments: