Sunday, March 31, 2013

Celebrating Five Years of Tattooed Poets

As many of you who have followed Tattoosday over the years, April is a special month here, where we feature, in honor of National Poetry Month, thirty days of tattooed poets.

It is astonishing to me that what I dreamed up in 2009 is now entering its fifth installment.

When I first reached out to Stacey Harwood at the Best American Poetry blog and asked if she and David Lehman would help promote the idea on their site, I worried that I would be able to find enough poets willing to participate. I didn't doubt the existence of tattooed verse-slingers, I just wondered if they'd be interested in sharing with a fledgling tattoo blog.

Fortunately for me, and for you, Dear Readers, my doubts were quickly dashed and this year, it looked as if we were going to have too many poets. Is there such a thing?

A nasty case of unemployment has left me with extra time to prepare the month so, on this March 31, I have pretty much prepared and scheduled the entire month. I do expect to be busy with stragglers to whom I had granted spots, and will now find themselves as part of double days of tattooed poets.

In general, posts will go up in the wee hours of the morning and, if there are two poet days, they will go live in the afternoon.

I can't begin to name everyone who has helped with this endeavor over the years, but I thank you for reading, and ask you to enjoy the month of April and the wide range of poets from all over the U.S. who will be seen here, in the flesh, and in the written line.

Enjoy!


This entry is ©2013 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: