Monday, July 20, 2015

Stephanie's Tattoo Bring Her Home

I spotted some pretty spectacular tattoos at the Coney Island Mermaid Parade last month. This one, on Stephanie, was one such example:


Stephanie credited this to Jesse Roberts at Dark Age Tattoo in Seattle, Washington. She also told me a little bit about the symbolism of the piece:
"It's a Chinese junk ... that's a merchant ship. I chose it to have red sails because red is a lucky color in Chinese folklore ...there's a prosperity aspect of it being a merchant ship. Sunset ... is a symbol of change, the waves are clam and ships are a kind of homecoming, I got it when I moved back east from Seattle."
Thanks to Stephanie for sharing this cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2015 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

1 comment:

MattInked said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.