Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Sam's "Chubster Owl"

Last summer at the New York City Poetry Festival on Governor's Island, I met Sam and, well, I just had to find out what this tattoo was all about:


Sam explained how this magnificent creature came into existence:
"The tattoo was done by Craig Moore at Leviticus Tattoo in Minneapolis. It was a going away gift done a few days before moving with my girlfriend to Indiana to get her MFA.  

I initially gave him free range to create whatever he wanted. The owl originally had a skull belly, but I was under strict orders not to come home with any more 'creepy' tattoos.  After some quick redesign, we put it to a vote among the staff and customers at the shop, and the chubster owl won in a landslide.

His name is Goose. He is my spirit animal."
 Thanks to Sam for sharing Goose  with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2016 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: