Monday, May 19, 2014

Tattoosday Walks Into a Bar... And Sees a Sleeve of Skulls

In a new feature here on Tattoosday, we're going to periodically celebrate the ink I find in bars. In addition to the tattoo, I'll talk a little about the establishment as well.

We're starting off with a place near and dear to me - Lock Yard in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.


Located in a former locksmith storefront, Lock Yard specializes in artisan sausages and a constantly changing menu of delicious craft beers. It has become a new home away from home, and I moseyed over yesterday for a Sunday brunch brew.

I sat down on a stool and ordered a Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale from Jason behind the bar.

And as I sipped on this delicious pale ale, Jason shared his sleeve of skulls:



Jason credited this work to Marc Larsen, from Groove Tattoo, also in Bay Ridge.

Jason told me he got this work from Marc because he likes skulls a lot. "I just like the way they look," he added, "different types ... different faces ... everything I have on here, he drew on freehand, no stencils involved."

Thanks to Jason for sharing his tattoos with us here on Tattoosday, and to the folks over at Lock Yard, for their ongoing hospitality and steady flow of delicious beer!



This entry is ©2014 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.


No comments: