Friday, May 16, 2014

Harlie Celebrates the Day of Outrageous Flair with a Jellyfish Tattoo

Two weeks ago, I met Harlie in Sheridan Square in the West Village.

I was hanging out with my wife and some friends after visiting Holey Donuts when Harlie walked up and started talking to friends nearby. The tattoo on the back of her left calf prompted me to ask her about it:


Harlie credited this piece to Ian at All Star Tattoos in Tacoma, Washington. "I brought him a bunch of different types of jellyfish," she explained. She is from Tacoma and elaborated, "I just grew up on a bay that had a lot of jellyfish and it's nostalgic for me and I think they're beautiful creatures."

She also shared this small tattoo on her wrist:



This was also inked at All Star, but  by another artist named Ryan. Harlie explained that this design is from a book called The Secret Language of Birthdays and that this symbol represents her birthday, May 16, also known as the "Day of Outrageous Flair."


It seemed fitting that I save this post for today, which is Harlie's birthday, the Day of Outrageous Flair.

Happy Birthday, Harlie! Thanks for sharing your ink with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2014 Tattoosday.


If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: