Friday, June 20, 2014

Anthony's Tattoo of Transformation

I try to get to my favorite watering hole, Lock Yard, at least once a week, not only for their delicious artisanal sausages and wonderful selection of craft beer, but because each visit is often good for at least one tattoo encounter.

Two days ago, after my team lost ingloriously in the weekly trivia challenge, I met Anthony, who shared this, from among his several tattoos:


"It's a koi dragon," Anthony told me, adding "the koi dragon is a symbol of transformation - when I got it I had just lost 100 pounds, which was a big physical transformation for me."

He credited this to an artist named Conan, who at the time, was working out of his home in Brooklyn,

Thanks to Anthony for sharing his cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2014 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: