Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Mermaid Welcomes in Summer

Yesterday was the first day of summer and I celebrated by heading out to Coney Island for the annual Mermaid Parade.

This was my second time at the parade, having gone first in 2012, and there are wonderful tattoos everywhere. Here at Tattoosday, we'll be sharing tattoos from the parade over the next couple of weeks.
But let's start with the first person I met along Surf Avenue:


This tattoo belongs to Alix, who was dressed up as a mermaid and  had a tattoo to match.

"Any story behind this?" I asked, foolishly.

"That's MY story," Alix replied, "I like mermaids."

She credited this to Alex Rios from Hard Knox Tattoo Studio in Yonkers, New York.

She also had phenomenal work on her back, as well:


Thanks to Alix for sharing her awesome work with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2014 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: