Friday, June 6, 2014

Emily's Sleeve Seen Downtown

For many years, when I worked near Penn Station, I found that massive train nexus to be a great place to meet people with tattoos. Now that I employed near Wall Street, I'm beginning to feel that the area around Federal Hall is my new reliable spot to find Tattoosday subjects.

For example, earlier this week, I met Emily, who shared a couple sections of her right arm, including the top:


This image of Buddha, surrounded by snakes, is punctuated near the lower half of the arm with some color:


The flower is a lotus, which is commonly found along with Buddha imagery.

The sleeve is a lovely contrast of black and grey, with pops of color.

Emily credited this work to an artist in London named Nikole Lowe, owner of Good Times Tattoo.

When I asked her about the work, Emily said that there was no "big deep meaning" her tattoo. "I just love the image ... and the color," she told me, adding, "I think it's a beautiful piece of artwork"

Certainly no argument from me on that one!

Thanks to Emily for sharing her lovely tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2014 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: