Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Erika Helps Us Remember Michael Jackson

Five years ago today, Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, passed away.

That being said, it seemed fortuitous that yesterday, across from the New York Stock Exchange,  I met Erika, who has a bunch of tattoos, but whose left arm is just plain "Bad":


This iconic image is from this cover:


Erika explains:
"I got the Bad album cover because that's my favorite Michael Jackson album ... I think this was, like, right before he started to fall off the wagon, kinda, but this is the last good Michael as far as his face and his appearance ... and I'm an '80s baby, so that was my favorite album of the Eighties."
She credited this great work to Chris Mensah at Pinz-N-Needlez Tattoo in Washington D.C. I last spotted Mensah's work in 2009 here.

We also commemorated Michael's zombie self two years ago here.

Thanks to Erika for helping us commemorate the passing of one of the greatest musicians of our time!

This entry is ©2014 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: