Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bruno, World Traveler, Shares Two Impressive Tattoos

On a lovely fall day, back in October, I met Bruno on 32nd Street, just south of Greeley Square.

This was the tattoo on his calf that caught my eye and inspired me to stop him:


Bruno told me he was "travelling the world, trying to get some good waves everywhere I go." He had this Hannya mask done "back in Brazil, four years ago,"

But, despite spotting the mask on his leg, he was more proud to show me his latest tattoo, still healing on his thigh:


This tattoo on his thigh was done in Indonesia. He identified it as "Barong, a god from the Hindu-Balinese religion." It was inked at Shotonk Tattoo, by Shotonk, who Bruno said is "one of the best tattoo artists in Bali."

He added, that Barong is "one of the protector gods for the island, so I really feel like he's going to be protecting me in all my journeys."

Thanks to Bruno for sharing his cool tattoos with us here on Tattoosday! We wish him safe travels as he journeys the earth, looking for those awesome waves.

This entry is ©2013 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

2 comments:

Lea MK said...

Both of Bruno’s tattoos are so amazing! I can’t remember the name, but I once watched a documentary where a guy travelled all over the world to get tattoos from different parts of the world using different methods. It was a really interesting experience and opened my eyes to different cultures. I think it is brilliant that Bruno’s two tattoos are from other parts of the world. They are both very aesthetically appealing. I personally like the tattoo of Barong that was done in Bali best because you can get such a feel for the culture just by looking at the tattoo. These tattoos definitely make me think about wanting to a tattoo from another part of the world.

Gio@Tattoo Shops said...

Tattoos are not only about pictures and images. Aside from being style statements they are also a part of the motivational and inspirational instruments that we can utilize in our daily life to get positive thoughts and vibes.