Friday, January 25, 2013

Fun Tattoo Links for a Friday!

With my backlog nearly eliminated, and the bone-chilling temperatures of the northeast making exposed skin a rare and unusual sight, we here at Tattoosday are always looking for new ways to entertain our vast international audience of tattoo connoisseurs.

Earlier this week, my lovely wife Melanie sent me a couple of iVillage links that featured slideshows of tattoos. I'd be remiss if I didn't pass these goodies along.

First up is this slideshow of fifty-plus "tattoos for mom and dad". My favorite is below.

“I chose a drawing that my son had done of his cat, Peter Parker to go on top of the Braille when he was 3-years-old. I love it and it makes me very happy.”
-- Jessica of Dallas, Texas
The link is here.

Note that, as tattoos go, a significant amount of these would not meet Tattoosday's standard of "high quality" body art. The reality is, most Americans can't afford (or choose not to pay) high-end artist prices. A lot of these entries, reader-submitted, are evidence that people love their ink, often regardless of quality.

Which brings us to link #2, "What to Know Before Getting a Tattoo: 8 Awful Mistakes". That link is here. No slide show, but some practical advice.

If anyone wants advice, or has a question, feel free to e-mail me at Tattoosday@gmail.com. I will do my best to answer your inquiries.

No comments: