Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jason's Ink Pays Tribute to a Genre


I met Jason and Annmarie in Penn Station as they were headed home to Arizona.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get all the details on their work that I wanted and they haven't responded to my email queries.

Jason is a big fan of horror films and his right arm is an entire sleeve of memorable villains from that genre:


Lacking a lot of knowledge in the area, I am woefully unable to identify any of the characters, but I didn't want that to stop me from posting the arm. Readers are welcome to post in the comments section helping me identify these gruesome personae.

In addition, Jason's left arm has this immense Freddy Kreuger (from the A Nightmare on Elm Street series) wrapping around it.


[...]

Now, I mentioned Annmarie at the beginning of the post. Check out the tattoo she offered up to us here.

In the mean time, thanks again to Jason for sharing his tattoos with us here on Tattoosday!

Ed. Note:
[...] indicates deletion of text in which I mis-credited the artist and shop.

2 comments:

cybershrike said...

Without being able to see the full thing I'd say it's probably a Hellraiser themed sleeve, most of the characters look like they're from that

Tattoosday said...

Thanks Cybershrike! You hold the record for fastest comment posted. I was thinking it was Hellraiser, but wasn't certain. I appreciate your input.