Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tattoosday Goes to Hawaii: A Floral Sneak Peak @ O'Hare, Courtesy of Jennifer

When I first booked my trip to Honolulu and saw I had a brief layover in Chicago, I challenged myself to find at least one cool tattoo at the airport.

Lucky for me, I found Jennifer from Portland, Maine, sporting this lovely hibiscus foot tattoo:


The hibiscus being the state flower of Hawai'i, I saw this as a good omen.

Jennifer explained that she based the design for this tattoo on a photo in a magazine.

Why the foot? She had one tattoo on her back and "wanted one she could see".

This floral piece was inked in about two and a half hours at Pins and Needles Tattoo at home in Portland. Work from Pins and Needles has appeared previously on Tattoosday here.

Thanks to Jennifer for humoring this traveling inkspotter and sharing her hibiscus with us here on Tattoosday!

No comments: