Friday, August 10, 2012

Bailey's Pocket Watch at the New York City Poetry Festival

Last month I had the pleasure of attending the second annual New York City Poetry Festival on Governor's Island. I met some great tattooed poets, but I also ran into a few tattooed poetry fans, one of whom was Bailey, who has this cool tattoo on her foot:


The chain from this pocket watch runs up and around part of her calf, which makes this piece even neater. Bailey explains:
"It's the White Rabbit's pocket watch from Alice in Wonderland ... It's always been my favorite story and something that's stuck with me for a long time ... and I thought it was going to be the only tattoo that I got, so I wanted to get something big and meaningful."
I asked her if there was a significance to the time shown on the watch. She confirmed, "Yeah, it's 3:36, it was a time that connected with this band that I was really into and I wanted to make a little tribute without doing their logo and when [the artist] actually put the hands on the clock, he looked up to see where they were placed and it was 3:36."

The band in question? AFI. 336 is the name of one of their EPs. And, as it turned out, Bailey didn't stop with the pocket watch, she also has two sparrows at the top of her chest.

She credited this tattoo to "Pee Wee" at Bolder Ink in Boulder, Colorado.

Thanks to Bailey for sharing this cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2012 Tattoosday.

If you are reading this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: