Sunday, September 23, 2012

Matthew Shares Some Autumn Ink

Sometimes some people's tattoos are just destined for Tattoosday.

Case in point: this past July I was traversing the Brooklyn Bridge with family and some out of town friends. On the way down the bridge into Manhattan, a guy passed me walking toward Brooklyn. He had an amazing, colorful tattoo on his left arm. Under normal circumstances, I would have stopped him, but we were going different directions and the bridge was crowded.

It was a hot day, so we paused for some water at the bottom of the bridge before crossing into City Hall Park. There were seven of us in all and we were hanging by the Jacob Wrey Mould fountain when, who should I see, but the guy with the tattoo I so admired. Rather than crossing into Brooklyn, he had returned to Manhattan.

His name was Matthew and he was visiting from Utah. Check out his amazing tattoo:


It seemed appropriate to save this tattoo for the first full day of fall (I know it started yesterday, but technically not until 10:49 a.m. E.S.T.).

Matthew explained that this tattoo represents "where I've started [and] what I've grown to be."

He added,  "I got the colors because my birthday is in the fall ... so autumn colors, as well as, it looks more like a Dr. Seuss, so it's different than anyone else's tree tattoo." I couldn't agree more!

The artist is Craig Secrist at Ironclad Electric Tattooing in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Thanks to Matthew for sharing this awesome tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2012 Tattoosday.

If you are reading this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

1 comment:

molly said...

Sweet, Craig has done all of my tattoos and I plan for many more! I have worked with him since he was a wee (way awesome) apprentice up til' now (3 years) and it is awesome to see him grow into one of Salt Lake's best (new) tattoo artists!