Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tattoosday Celebrates Day of the Dead. Meow.

Well, today is November 1, the Day of the Dead, so might as well celebrate with a non-traditional Day of the Dead skull tattoo:


This tattoo belongs to Lisa, who I spotted last month during the Tour de Bronx. I passed her right before we reached the rest stop at Clason Point. The break in the ride allowed me to talk to her about her tattoos and she offered up the one above. I've seen a lot of sugar skull tattoos, but never a cat sugar skull.

Lisa credited her friend Shroomy, who tattoos out of his garage in California.

She elaborated:
"I knew that I wanted some sort of skull. I knew that I wanted some sort of cat and so I put the two ideas together and I've always been a fan of Mexican art styles and sugar skulls, so I thought up my own with the artist and my boyfriend ... we added some things on the spot and that's what happened.'
You can see some other Day of the Dead ink that has appeared previously on Tattoosday here.

Thanks to Lisa for sharing this cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday and helping us celebrate the Day of the Dead!

This entry is ©2012 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: