Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sarah's Cool Peacock

Back in September, after a great night out in Manhattan at a poetry reading, followed by some good beer at West Village watering hole, I stumbled on this lovely tattoo on the West 4th Street subway platform:


This lovely watercolor peacock belongs to Sarah, and I didn't have a chance to ask her about the tattoo, as her train was rolling in after I took the photo. Fortunately for us, she emailed a few days later and filled me in:
My tattooist is Paul Ciaravino, an independent artist and friend of
mine based out of Prospect Heights.
The tattoo is based on a piece of art that was generated for a music
festival I attended several years ago in Tennessee. The festival was
one of the most enriching experiences of my life, and affirmed my love
affair with music.
I believe she is referring to this My Morning Jacket poster from the 2011 Bonnaroo Festival:


Here's another angle of the tattoo:


Thanks to Sarah for sharing her lovely and cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2016 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: