Saturday, July 9, 2016

Louis and His Life Behind Bars

I woke up this morning and the Tour de France was on the television, which reminded me today would be a good day to post the following tattoo, which I spotted on Broad Street last month:


This tattoo is on the forearm of Louis, a bike messenger. It reads "Life Behind Bars" and features two hands gripping a set of handlebars. The hands have knucle tattoos themselves that state "Ride Hard."

Louis explained, "I'm into cycling a lot and it's taken a big part of my life." He added, "I'm in a racing team and I race track and road and I basically got this tattoo to represent how much I love bikes."

I ride a bike myself, but not as avidly. Nonetheless, I appreciate the tattoo for what it represents, not to mention the clever play on words.

He credited the work to Xavier Alvarez (@xavier000xx) at Crazy Fantasy Tattoo in Manhattan, but said that the artist had moved to Sins and Needles nearby. Xavier is currently tattooing out of Ink Couture (@inkcouturenyc) in Staten Island, but informed me he will be back full-time at Sins and Needles in two weeks time.

Thanks to Louis for sharing this cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!


This entry is ©2016 Tattoosday.


If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: