Thursday, June 22, 2017

Jill's Mermaid (35th Annual Coney Island Mermaid Parade)

This past Saturday, I went out to Coney Island to catch the 35th Annual Mermaid Parade (@medmaidparade). This annual tradition has been ideal for Tattoosday inkspotting and this year was a banner year, having interviewed a dozen or so folks with cool tattoos, which we'll be sharing in the weeks to come.

Our first contributor is Jill. who shared this theme-related piece:


Jill's daughter had a bit to do with this tattoo, especially the top section. "Make me a mermaid," she said, and Jill went to her artist, Timmy Cronin (@TimmyTattooCronin) from Timmy Tattoo in Huntington, New York.

"I like his style," Jill told me, and I have to agree. I actually met Timmy at a supermarket in Brooklyn seven years ago (recounted here) and have featured work from his shop a few times over the years.

Thanks to Jill for sharing this cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2017 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: