Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Rosie the Dead Riveter

Sometimes posts sit idle in my draft folder for ages, for one reason or another. This is one example, from a woman named Adele, who I met at a Wegman's in New Jersey in the fall of 2017:


Unfortunately, the front part of the skull is blurry, but you can really tell from the photo on the left what a great tattoo this is.

It was a busy Sunday in Wegman's, so we didn't have much time to chat, but the post sat under the misleading moniker "Rosie the Dead Riveter," because the bandana on the skull reminded me of the famous "We Can Do It" poster from the World War II era.

I do know from my notes that Adele is a truck driver and loves skulls, and that the artist is Thom Boyle (@tattoofrenzy) from Tattoo Frenzy in Amityville, New York.

Thanks to Adele for sharing her tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2019 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: