Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sabra's Graduation Gift

Last month I met Sabra outside of Federal Hall on Wall Street.

I immediate noticed her arms, as she had a cow and a pig on her inner arms. Here's the pig:


I'm not showing the cow because she needs it touched up, but I was happy to share the pork map, as it is called.

Why, I wanted to know, did she have these tattoos?

Sabra explained:
"I am a private chef and a butcher ... these are my graduation presents ... to myself.  I graduated from butcher school two years ago and I didn't have the money to do it and I just got them done in the beginning of May. I was just at the Met for the morning and an eighty-year old lady, a volunteer at the gift shop, she was like, 'I just love those tattoos.' She just wanted to talk to me about them and everything -  it was really cool because normally you don't get people that are in their eighties saying 'that's a pretty rad tattoo!' "
She credited this work to Shawn Mahaffey at the Hemlock Collective in Sacramento, California.

Thanks to Sabra for sharing her awesone tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2015 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

1 comment:

Deborah Isadora said...

Sabra is an amazing Amazon woman! She is a fabulous chef and a great butcher. I love women in ink.

Deboah