Saturday, May 14, 2016

Yeny's Poignant Memorial

I was leaving my office on Broad Street earlier this week when I spotted a woman with a lot of work on her arm, waiting outside.

I stopped and introduced myself and she agreed to share some of her work. 

Yeny is actually in the process of getting a whole sleeve done, so she shared just one section:

 
Yeny told me her artist is Roberto Martinez (TheBeardedGentNYC on Instagram) and he is doing a cool Gemini tattoo on her forearm, but this rose and clock are a section of the sleeve that is a memorial to a baby she lost.

At the time, she wanted a black rose, but Martinez convinced her to add color, so that it represented a little bit of life. The clock marks the time when she lost the baby.

Thanks to Yeny for sharing her poignant and beautiful tattoo!

This entry is ©2016 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: