Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Healing Tree

In the fall, I met "A" at the Union Square green market. I had noticed her tattoo and was fascinated by its simplicity and how it appeared to have been designed and inked around a scar. She was kind enough to share the piece and tell me a little about it:


"A" explained how this tattoo of a tree with roots came into being:
"I was trying to go on a solo week-long bike trip around the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State and I was gonna bike around, put my gear on the back of my bike ... I was on this stretch of really gravelly highway by myself ... I had gone fifty miles that day and was two miles from my campsite and the bike hit some gravel. It slid out from under me and I fell right on my elbow, completely shattered it and when they stitched me back up and put me together I wanted to get something around the scar ... it was kind of traumatic and I knew I was going to have to get used to talking about it, so the tattoo was kind of a good way to get used to talking about it with people and not being traumatized."
"A" credited the work to Tony Silva (@tonysilvatattoo) at Electric Arrow Tattoo in Ronkonkoma, New York.

Thanks to "A" for sharing her cool healing tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2018 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: