Thursday, March 20, 2014

Buddha at the NYC Tattoo Convention

Sometimes when you go to tattoo shows, you don't always get the full story behind people's work. For many people; it is just art for art's sake, and people like me, who ask "What does it mean?" can be annoying little nuisances.

Here's a piece I spotted at the NYC Tattoo Convention earlier this month. I took the photos and I met the artist, but I'll let the work speak for itself:


This is a Buddha tattoo by Sid Lopes at 7 Tattoo Gallery in Newark, New Jersey. Here's a different angle with less glare and a better shot of the om symbol:


And then a better perspective of the paint-splattered lotus blossoms:


I never caught the name of the wearer of this tattoo, but I did get a chance to profess my admiration of it to the artist.

[Update 7.17.2018 - Found my notes, four years later! This tattoo was on Rachel.]

Thanks to Sid Lopes for sharing his work with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2014 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: