Friday, March 14, 2014

Devon's First Panel (at the NYC Tattoo Convention)

As we continue to recap some of my favorite tattoos that I spotted at the NYC Tattoo Convention, let's take a look at this piece on Devon:


Devon told me that this is the "first part of a half-sleeve that's [going to be] all Marvel panels of all my different favorite characters."

When I asked her why she started with this particular panel, she replied, "Thor is one of my favorite heroes and Loki is the only villain I've ever cared about."

She cares enough about the super villain, that Loki is the moniker she adopted as a referee in the New York City men's roller derby league, The New York Shock Exchange.

She credited this tattoo to Vinny Romanelli from Red Rocket Tattoo in Manhattan. Red Rocket and Vinny are no strangers to Tattoosday, and work from Vinny has appeared previously on Tattoosday here. Clicking the Red Rocket tag below will bring up all the work from them we've posted over the years.

I look forward to checking back with Devon in the future to see how her Marvel half-sleeve evolves.

Thanks to Devon for sharing this cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2014 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: