Monday, May 18, 2015

Laura and Her Heart that Doesn't Stop Beating

Sometimes tattoos can be powerful in the simplicity of their design. For example, my friend Laura recently got this new tattoo:


Laura explains how this tattoo on her wrist is a poignant memorial:
"On a day where I would typically be celebrating my mom’s life [May 18], this year I am remembering her death. My mom passed away on November 13, 2014.

The days leading up to her death was filled with constant noise. There were heart rate monitors and breathing monitors and the IV drips. I remember constantly staring at the heart rate monitor scared that it would go flat. When I walked into the room after she died, there was peace.

So not only does my tattoo mean 'love never dies.' it’s also a reminder that there is no more suffering, she is at peace."
Laura got this done at Studio Enigma in Brooklyn, by Adriano.

Thanks to Laura for sharing this very personal tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2015 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: