Friday, June 24, 2016

Running into Liz, Seeing Her Heart

As we approach our ninth anniversary in a little over a month, I look at Tattoosday not only as an outlet to express my admiration of tattoos, but as a finder of occasional friends. Over the years, this little blog has brought me its share of friends and acquaintances.

Take one example, a woman named Liz, who I first met in August 2010, on the West 4th Street subway platform. Her tattoo appeared a month later here. I can't say why we became social media friends, but our paths crossed again in May 2011, when we both showed up for a taping of NY Ink (recounted here). Liz got to hang out as an extra in the background of an episode, and I was one of the lucky folks who got a rooster tattoo.

I hadn't seen Liz since then, except on Facebook, as we occasionally traded messages.

So it was a nice surprise when, about a month ago, I was standing on the Whitehall Street subway platform, when I saw Liz approaching. We had a great chat on the R train into Brooklyn and she shared this tattoo that has been added to her collection since we last met:


Liz credited this cool anatomical heart on her arm to Danny Boy Smith at Let it Bleed Tattoo Parlour in San Francisco.

Thanks to Liz for sharing her tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2016 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: