Sunday, June 5, 2016

When All Is One and One is All....

I met Monica outside of my office on Broad Street last week and instantly recognized the lyrics on the back of her neck. She was kind enough to let me take a photo:


This is, of course, the penultimate line in Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven."

Why these lyrics? Monica elaborated:
"[There are] lots of reasons ... the short version, I guess ... obviously I love Led Zeppelin, rock and roll, but that moment of that song is one of the most powerful feelings that I would like to always feel."
As if you needed convincing, take a few minutes and watch this classic footage from the concert film The Song Remains the Same (the lyric appears at 9:55):



This was tattooed by Kevin Jang (@BlackFishTattoo) at Black Fish Tattoo on 32nd Street in Manhattan.

Thanks to Monica for sharing this rocking tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2016 Tattoosday.

If you are seeing this on another website other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

No comments: